Thursday 8 April 2010

Unlucky Day


I am not sure how many of you know what a HPLC is, but last week was one of the most "omg, not this!" situation I faced.

To let you understand my situation, lets start with a brief introduction:

My senior discussed with me and we decided to rerun ALL the samples that we have collected so far using HPLC. I then checked for available slots and realised that the only slot available was after 4pm on Friday. I began weighing all samples on Wednesday, and because the number of samples were so huge! I ended up preparing them the whole day!

On Thursday, I prepared a total of 6 L of mobile phase which I should tell you, required quite an amount of energy (not that I'm complaining). The problem was on Friday, I took the whole day dissolving my samples, and when I'm finally done and prepared to run HPLC, it was nearly time to rush to church (last week was Good Friday you see). I wait patiently as I watched the HPLC run and to my biggest dismay, after running about 10 minutes or so, the damn thing suddenly had an alert beep with the screen displaying "Lamp Failure"!! o.O

OMG!! I tried restarting, I tried rerun, it all didn't work. I had no choice but to call my sister up, told her not to wait for me and head to church first while I rushed to clean and stop the HPLC.

At the end, I was totally exhausted (because I fast for Good Friday, rushed to start and then STOP the HPLC, and ran like mad to get into the car to rushed to church). As if this is not enough, the bloody road was packed jam! The cars barely moved!! WTF? And so, you guessed it, I was late to church as well. What a day man, what a day. (T___T)

p/s: I hate HPLC!!! Grrrr..

No comments:

Post a Comment