Thursday 7 January 2010

I totally lack self control

Right after lunch, my supervisor decided to ask me do some literature search on a method we were using. I headed straight to Google and started keying all sorts of keywords I thought could lead to the information I wanted. But before long, I started nodding my head off to sleep (I always fall asleep when I read journals. I came to believe that reading journal is probably one of the best way to cure insomnia). I tried to shake myself awake (wouldn't work), tried to wash my hands with cold water (didn't work either), went to the ladies (and still it didn't work).

A thought crept into my head, a cup of coffee or tea would do. All I need is some caffeine in my bloodstream. But then a soft voice inside my head said, "don't drink any of those. No more sweet drinks remember?" I tried hard to stay awake. Until in the end, I thought, hack the "no more sweet drink rule of mine". I need the caffeine. And off I went to the pantry, choose white coffee out of the 7 choices there is and sipped happily at it while reading the journals. My will power to lose weight? Gone..

Should I blame my job? Hell yea! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment