Friday 20 November 2009

Frost Bite

During work a few days ago, I went to a -80 degrees freezer to take out a few samples.. While I was at it, the freezer's door suddenly started closing, so to prevent it from closing, I simply just pushed it with my knuckles.. and guess what I got???

Yea.. You're right.. As the title of this post says, I got a frost bite!! Just so you know, it hurts!! Felt like I practically stuck my hand onto a frying pan on a cooking stove with the fire turned on.. As soon I felt the burning sensation, I immediately, pluck my hand away from the freezer door, but.. to late!! I already burnt myself..

This is how my hand look like after a week of me burning myself.. It took just a split second to cause the harm.. And after a week, it the marks are still there..looks like 3 red spots there right?? I doubt the picture gives the effect of how painful my hand is though.. haha..and it still is..

Oh well, I'm at the very least glad that I do not need to remove my hand as a result of frost bite or gangrene.. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment