Saturday 11 July 2009

Sime Darby Apprenticeship Programme

Hello everyone,

Just to update you on some stuff. About 2 weeks ago, I went for a walk-in interview for the Sime Darby Apprenticeship Programme and successfully gotten an offer to enter the programme. It is a 12 months programme comprising of 1 month classroom training and 11 months on-job training (R&D).
Currenty, I am an apprentice to Sime Darby and am staying at Palace of the Golden Horses Hotel for the first month.. I have no still no idea where I would be posted for the following 11 months but I really wish that I can get into a research center thats nearer home, preferably PJ.. but who knows.. haha..

They say I would find out my place of work next week though.. Wish me all the best ya? And pray for me!!! ^^

I am now officially employed!!! yay.. for this year la.. XD

3 comments:

  1. hello katherine.
    I was just wondering how's the interview like at sime darby? Im actually a fresh grad like you, same age. I'm Kim. Just wanted to know is it tough? coz i was kinda nervous on what they will ask. do you have anything like individual presentation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo..hey.. its actually depends on who interview you.. Different people have different methods.. For what I know, you should try to get to know as much as u can about the company, especially the division that you are interested in getting in. Thats the main thing.. The info's are all available at Sime Darby Website.. Go google it.. ^^
    hope I helped..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hye catherine.sorry for disturbing u. I just want to ask about this program. I went to 2nd batch of Sime Darby Apprenticeship Program last month. I get call from this company and saying that I hv been chosen as 1 of their candidates. Can U give some comments on that program thru out 1 year attached to Sime Darby? Do u get any job now? Kindly give some feedback coz I do not whether I want accept or not. I may register for this program at 12 July

    ReplyDelete