Monday 13 July 2009

First Week at Palace of the Golden Horses

First week at Palace of the Golden Horses and I feel so tired, deprived of internet and most of all, deprived of the sun light!! haha..

I have not been in Sime Darby Apprenticeship Programme for a week now.. Soft skill training is.. Well.. To be honest, I learned quite some things about management.. But other than that, its not really all the related to the field of my studies..Guess I'll have to wait for the 11 months on-job training to gain more experience on my related field.. ^^
The hotel is simply marvelous.. so beautiful.. I love the toilet..LOL..


Not much pictures yet though.. I'll update it when I get the chance.. next week maybe.. ^^

So far, I've done a presentation on stage with 500 apprentice watching and learnt how to become a music editor for a short film my group created in less than 3 hours!! I now realise that music editing isn't as easy as it seems.. There's so much to worry about!! For example, during the scenes, when someone slaps another person, we have to add the slapping sound effects, when a person closes the door, we have to add the door sound, car breaking, and everything!!
My group did a short musical film.. So I had to find the right musics for the film, add the cut portions of the song and paste them together and make sure the sound comes on the cue with the mouth movements.. It was very straineous and tiring.. But all of it was worth it cause I had a hell lot of fun and got to make more friends..
Had a terrible back pain after that, due to all the hunching while editing the songs and also running everywhere.. Sime Darby really pushes us to allow us to realise our capabilities.. To push us through our limits and make us better.. I might grumble at times about the programme.. But I truly enjoyed it.. ^^
By the way, our group manage to win 3 awards during the oscar night (yes! Sime Darby had an oscar night for our short film of which was judge by a few well known local actors, actresses, editior and script writers).. The awards obtained were Best Costume Award, Best Supporting Actor award and also Best Performance Award.. Although we didn't win the Best Music or Best Sound awar, I am still very happy and proud of my group.. ^^
Sorry I have no pictures though.. I'll try to get some for other post.. ok? Till then!! ^^

2 comments:

  1. wah... so posh. stay in golden house hotel summore... good luck in your new job!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..thank you thank you.. =)

    ReplyDelete