Thursday 30 October 2008

First leech bite..

Anyone had a leech bite before?

Went to a hill jungle sort of place to help a friend collect plant specimen on the 22/10/2008.

Was told that there would be leeches and mosquitoes around at that area.. I didn't think of it much because practically, what i thought was as long as i had my mosquito repellant and wore socks and shoes. I would be safe.. I would soon find out how wrong I was..

As soon as we were there, regardless of the amount of mosquito repellant we used, the mosquito swarmed around us and bite us like no bodies' buisness!! I would have taken photo if I could but we were so busy chasing the mosquitoes away, hitting them, climbing up the hill and collecting the plant samples that I just couldn't have the time to do so..

You should have seen how much mosquito bite did kah hin get.. He practically had his whole face bitten!!

After collecting about 4 bags of leaves or so, we decided it was enough and headed back to the laboratory..

When we reached back, the seniors and most our lab mates came to us and was counting the mosquito bites and telling how awful we looked.. XD I really didn't care because to my opinion, I felt like we were some sort of hero.. hmmm.. how do I put this? U know like when the feeling a fisherman has when he comes back with lots of fishes?

Anyway, after all the hardwork, suddenly one of our seniors realised that he wasn't sure if we were suppose to collect the stem or the leaf ot the plant!! He quickly went and checked and to our greatest disappointment, the stem was what my friend needed!! argh!! all the mosquito bites and for what?? ugh!!

Shortly after that, we heard our senior screamed, "OMG, I stepped on a leech!! Who got bitten by a leech?!!!!"

We all checked around and guess what? I was the one bitten!! My socks had a patch of blood stain on it!!

This is my wound..

My senior cleaning my blood stain.. =P

And this is the kesian little smashed leech.. =P

2 comments: