Thursday 22 October 2009

Difference between university life and working life

Remember how during university years we would moan how awful it was?
To rush for assignment deadlines,
To drink endless cups of coffee or tea just to stay awake through the night studying for exams?
Remember how much we cursed some of the lecturers for making our lives "miserable"?
Remember how some of wished we were out of school and starting to earn a living?
Remember how stressful it felt to be a student?
Remember how annoying when parents nag about your results or complain you are not doing well?


Well, now that I've graduated.. I realised a lot of things..
Instead of rushing for assignment deadlines, I rush to get my endless pile of job done..
Instead of drinking endless cup of coffee or tea to stay awake through the night, I now drink coffee to stay awake at work!!
Instead of cursing lecturers, I curse myself for the silly mistakes I make..
Instead of wishing to get out of school, I wish I could turn back time and enjoy every moment of it..
Instead of feeling stressful to be a student, I feel stressed with all the burdens on my shoulders..
Instead of having parents nag about my results, I have them nag about my job and about my future..


I miss the time when I could skip classes and still have my attendance signed..
I miss the time when I stayed up all night studying with my friends..
I miss the time when I could hang out with my friends for a drink and still feel fresh for school the next morning..
I miss the time when I would have a 3 week or a 3 months break after every 3 month hard work for a semester..
I miss the time when I started class at 12pm so I could sleep late..
I miss the time when I ended class at 2pm so I can have an early day off..
Most of all, I miss the company, the friendship, the freedom and the simplicity in relationship between people..


Gosh.. Student's life.. I miss that!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kat~~
    I guess working life can be fun too...^^
    Take good care of yourself ya??
    CSS will always be there for you...
    Come and visit us if you have time...^^
    Till then...
    God bless~~!!=)
    *Winkz*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..thanks my dear dear junior.. haha.. hope to see u soon!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i miss all those times too, d late nights at d mamak, d mornings when u come banging on my door..hahaha, d study group, d outings v have n d list goes on n on n on... most of all i miss d company of each otha... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey.. i miss banging on your door and waking u up and listening to all your crap when u are half awake!! and mostly, i miss the chat we have at the wee hours..

    ReplyDelete