Sunday 12 April 2009

SFX Church

2 months ago, my church had to close down for renovation of the roof due to the leakage problem..

Mass was conducted at the car park for nearly 2 months sinced then..

Throughout that 2 months, I would notice the construction going on inside every weekend I went for mass.. I always wondered what would become of our new ceiling.. Would it be the same old white ceiling like it used to be? Would they add some ceiling fan for a change??

Then later I heard rumours that they were building a second floor!! wow!!

But to my utter amazement, last week when I attended Easter, this was what I saw..




The ceiling was remarkably done.. Everything there gave me a sort of unexplainable feeling.. Every part of it symbolized something.. sadly I couldn't attend church the week before and so I didn't know what those symbols meant.. All I know was they got the ceiling idea from St Peter's Church in Vatican City..

This my dear friends, is the result of years of donations from the church members and also the effort of the parish people to save up the money donated to built what we have today.. I'm so proud of my church.. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment