Monday 16 July 2012

Just when you thought things won't get any worst..


The begining started out so mild I didn't even think it was a hint for the upcoming suprise. In the morning, I couldn't fit everything into my leather sling bag and yet I insisted. I squeezed as much as I could and then I carried the rest in my arm.

Then breakfast time came, I sat at the coffee shop and ordered myself roti bakar (toasted bread), milk tea and two half boiled eggs. But what I got was more like three quater raw boiled eggs, sold out roti bakar and forgotten milk tea. I had to asked again, to get my milk tea.

And then at the uni, I was informed that I had to rebind my thesis. For those who has ever binded theses, I am sure you know how painful the cost is. And I thought that was my biggest obstacle. How wrong could I have possible thought.

In the afternoon, I left the uni to get back early to teach tuition as I knew I had no transport today and had to take a cab there. As soon as I reached the train station, a downpour broke out. Just my luck! I thought, wow, things can't get any worst huh? Never mind, just take a taxi, and I'll get there safely. A little wet won't kill me. I am strong enough for that.

So in I stepped into a taxi, thanking God that, some things in life can be solved using money.

And then I reached my student's place, I asked the taxi driver to honk while I prepared the money to pay him. Interestingly, no one opened the door. And still, I was so dumb to think that someone might be home, and that they just didn't hear the hon.

I thanked the taxi driver, got down the taxi and ran to press the door bell. And to my amazement, the place where there was suppose to be a door bell, was a hole instead! I shouted my student's name and tried my best to stay composed. But no one came to open the door. And immediately, realisation dawn onto me. I knew that either no one was home or they were God knows doing what. Still, I remained positive, I tried to find the little shade I could possibly get from a palm tree, and gingerly took out my handphone and dialed my student parent's number.

The great news was, they answered the phone. The bad news was, they were out. I continued standing under the massive downpour and waited, praying that my student's family would reach home faster, praying that I will manage in this heavy rain and praying that my phone or my leather bag will not spoil.

After 10 mins, they reached. I felt so messed up and yet I plastered a smile on my face and tried my best to stay composed. My student was kind enough to give me a towel, but insisted that she kept the air-cond on! Not only that, she kept telling me that the towel she let me use was her dog's towel!!! FML!!! On and on, I had to endure the sharp cold wetness that I did not manage to wipe off, I had to bare the bully my students gave me, and I had to keep myself composed! I felt so tired, I felt like giving up. I want to go home, I want to rest, I just don't want to do all these anymore!!

After what seemed like forever, the 3 hours tuition ended, and to my expectation on Malaysia highway system, I had the luxury of sitting in the jam for the rest of the journey home.

I really just want a break. I don't want to have to keep rushing, keep pushing, keep acting like everything is ok. I really want things to REALLY BE OK..Whatever I did to deserve this, I hope I paid back enough..

No comments:

Post a Comment