Thursday 28 October 2010

Intonation


You know, I got this comment twice so far..

"Why are you so rude with the sales girl? If I am her, I would surely be pissed of with you as well."

The problem is, I actually think I spoke with as polite as I can master! I mean, I actually said,

"Oh sorry, could I have maybe a size 8 instead?"

or

"Erm, this cup is kind of dirty, could I have a new one?"

So I said to them, "but I did talk nicely ma..."

And they said, " Its not the way you put your sentence. Its your intonation. You should try speaking softer."

Ok, great.. How can I control that? =(

7 comments:

  1. hmm.. i oso hv the same problem.. mayb v should adjust our intonation.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. deep breath before talking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ps haha.. gambate!!! =D

    @lion if take deep breath some more, then my voice will be even louder.. not good le.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. theoretically, taking deep breath brings more oxygen into your brain, thus making your brain more aware of the situation, and increasing your emotional controlling~

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha.. its not that im not aware of my situation.. its just that i naturally talk loud.. as i believe you know.. i dun scream.. but my voice is loud lo..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahhh!! your post remind me of your intonation when talking to the vietnamese girl in the restaurant.. oh gosh.. u really ada intonation prob neh! i know u didn't mean to do that.. yea.. kinda hard to control especially it's already a day-to-day kinda thing.. maybe u can try squeaky voice instead! =p

    ReplyDelete
  7. @caryn haha.. i think i'll try controlling volume and smile more.. >.<

    ReplyDelete